Basic Instructions On How To Organize Dissertation Citations In The MLA Format
Every dissertation has a section where the author lists the sources that they’ve cited in the text of their paper. There are different citation formats. If your assignment guidelines indicate that you should cite your sources in the MLA style, you should follow particular formatting rules. You may learn the basic information about the MLA format below.
- A Works Cited page should begin on a separate page. The page should have the same margins and headers as the rest of your paper.
- The page should be labeled Works Cited. Center these words at the top of the page. Don’t italicize the words.
- You should double-space your citations, but you shouldn’t skip spaces between entries.
- The second (and subsequent) lines of citations should be indented by 0.5 inches in order to create a hanging indent.
- The words in the titles of books, articles, etc. should be capitalized. Don’t capitalize only articles, prepositions, and conjunctions.
- The titles of larger works (books, magazines) should be written in italics. The titles of shorter works (articles, poems) should have quotation marks.
The basic form for citing a book is:
Smith, John. Title. City: Publisher, Year of Publication. Medium of Publication.
The basic form for citing an interview is:
Smith, John. Personal Interview. Date.
The basic form for citing an article in a periodical is:
Smith, John. “Title.” Title of Periodical. Date: Pages. Medium of Publication.
If you want to cite an electronic source, you should list the following:
- Names of the author and/or editor.
- The name of the article in quotation marks.
- The title of the website in italics.
- The name of the publisher and the publishing date.
- The date when you accessed the material.
To get more information on how to organize your Works Cited page for your dissertation, you should consult your instructing professor.
If you’re struggling with writing and formatting your dissertation, you may use the services of professional academic writing companies. This is a very good option. We recommend this site because it has the rich experience and fair name. If you use the help of a writing agency, you’ll get a custom-written dissertation of the highest quality written according to all the requirements listed in your assignment guidelines. This option will cost you money, of course, but the prices of reliable companies are reasonable and affordable. Moreover, you’ll have a lot of free time that you’ll be able to spend on completing other tasks and preparing for exams.