Best Methods To Write A Dissertation On Human Resource Management
The field of human resource management is nothing new, but in the last few decades the industry has seen many changes. HRM is sometimes abbreviated to HR and focuses on designing policies and systems within organizations to maximize the performance of the individual employee. These are strategies any employer would and should be interested in employing.
When writing your dissertation in this field, you should keep the following tips in mind:
- Use the assigned style guide for keeping track of your references and citations. For business, this may be Oxford or Chicago style. Check with your faculty’s requirements.
- Start with the methodology section first. You’ve likely done most of the research by this time and it’s a good place to begin if you are feeling some writer’s block.
- Use a software program and especially one that does frequent updates so you don’t have to think about it.
- Do some writing every day. You’ll be surprised how quickly the time passes especially as you approach the deadline for your paper to be finished. Writing each day ensures you take advantage of the time you have available.
- Keep in mind as you are writing that you will be re-writing. Don’t let that thought stop you. It’s better to write freely and just let the ideas flow out than to be stalled because you think you could write it better the first time.
- If you feel stuck when writing one section, it’s a good idea to move on to another one. Don’t stay stuck in one spot because that just ends up being a time waster and making you feel defeated.
- When the writing gets difficult, don’t get up and walk away. Fight the urge to give up. Just look at it from a different angle. This will help you see a new perspective and keep you going. You’ve got to break through the wall in order to see the green grass on the other side.
- Know when you need to supplement your writing by taking a break to do some reading. Reading can help to give you fresh ideas. If you aren’t sure of the direction your writing should take next, then reading something on your topic may help to show you what your piece needs.
Keep a fairly tight schedule for writing time. Many of the hours put into a dissertation are made up of writing. If you know that ahead of time, it will help you to start writing sooner.